The Ultimate Performance Daily Balancer
- Just 50g per day (2 spoonsize measures) provides the daily recommended rate of the main vitamins and minerals for a large healthy horse at maintenance*
- Note, B vitamins do not give your horse extra ‘energy’ or calories, and do not ‘hot up’ your horse. B vitamins are essential for energy metabolism and support performance horses that are in high levels of work, or horses that are lacking in energy and stamina, but it will not ‘hot up’ a horse.
- Essential nutrients with negligible calories – ideal for ‘good doers’
- High levels of B vitamins for energy metabolism – ideal for performance horses or those horses lacking energy and stamina
- No added iron or manganese as most UK forage provides sufficient
- Includes essential amino acids lysine and methionine, often insufficient in UK forage
- With natural source vitamins – more readily utilised than synthetic forms
- All minerals provided in chelated forms (including calcium and magnesium)
- Powerful antioxidants including vitamin E, selenium and those found in blue green algae
- Includes Yeasacc to aid digestive health
- No wheat feed, soya hulls, dextrose, alfalfa or any other fillers or bulking agents
- No magnesium oxide – a gut irritant when fed at higher levels
*according to National Research Council Guidelines
Grams per day
Number of measures
Pony less than 250kg
One per day
Pony 250kg to horse 500kg
Two per day
Horse 500kg to 750kg
Three per day
A 20kg sack will last a 500kg horse 400 days at 50g per day.
Introduce slowly into your horse’s diet over 3 to 5 days. Top dress onto Healthy Herbal Chaff, Healthy Herbal Muesli or straight feeds, mix in and dampen down to feed.
Thunderbrook Daily Essentials provides the full daily requirement of the main vitamins and minerals and essential nutrients, formulated to balance average UK forage. Ideal for horses on a pasture / forage only diet, to ensure sufficient essential nutrients are available in the daily diet. Do not feed together with another balancer or vitamin and mineral supplement or on top of a full level of compound or complete feed. Do not exceed stated feeding guidelines.
For horses that are good doers, or not needing extra calories in addition to their forage, Thunderbrook Daily Essentials can be fed at half the stated amounts above when fed alongside Thunderbrook Base Mix. Do not feed full rates of both products together as they each provide essential nutrients at the full daily requirement when fed at full rate. Can be fed at full rate with Thunderbrook Condition & Compete, Organic Oats, Organic Bran, Healthy Herbal Chaff, Healthy Herbal Muesli or Haycobs.
A complementary feed for horses. For equine use only. Do not feed to sheep.
Composition: Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Yeasacc 1026, Blue-Green Algae.
Key Ingredients provided for a 500kg horse when fed at 50g per day:
Natural Vitamin A 15,000iu; natural Vitamin D 3,000iu; natural Vitamin E 1,000iu; Folic Acid 25mg; Nicotinic Acid 50mg; Pantothenic Acid 30mg; Riboflavin 50mg; Vitamin B12 0.3mg; Thiamine 50mg; Pyridoxine 50mg; Vitamin K3 5mg; Selenium (all chelated form) 1mg; Iodine 2mg; Zinc (all chelated form) 400mg; Copper (all chelated form) 100mg; Lysine 10g; Methionine 2g; Biotin 10mg; Calcium (carbonate and chelated form) 5g; Phosphorus 2g; Magnesium (carbonate and chelated form) 4g, Yeasacc 5g; Blue-Green Algae 2g.
Vitamins: Vitamin A 405,405iu/kg; Vitamin D3 81,081iu/kg; Vit E 19,864mg/kg; Biotin 270.2mg/kg Trace Elements: Calcium Iodate 85mg/kg; Zinc chelate 72,072mg/kg, Copper chelate 22,522mg/kg; Selenium chelate 11,750mg/kg; Magnesium chelate 20g/kg; Calcium chelate 20g/kg Nutritional Additives: Yeasacc 1026
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep sealed to remain airtight. Keep out of reach of children. If in eyes, rinse with water for several minutes and seek medical attention if necessary.
“Good doers” and overweight horses and ponies
Daily Essentials contains the full daily rate of the main vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients for a horse when fed at the recommended rate, but with negligible calories so it is ideal as a daily balancer for “good doers” and those prone to being overweight. Note that B vitamins do not provide calories or energy to ‘hot up’ your horse – see details below.
Horses in high levels of work may benefit from high levels of B vitamins, as these are key vitamins in supporting energy metabolism, enabling performance horses to better carry out their work.