100% dried Meadow Grasses and herbage.
2017/18 Harvest. Tested 04/10/2017
Meadow Nuts are a natural product, cut from in excess of 1000 acres. There will be slight variations in the analyses due to time of cut, weather, location of field, etc.
Healthy Herbal Meadow Nuts may be fed dry.
Alternatively soak in water to make a palatable mash. When soaking, ensure the mash is free from any hard lumps before feeding. As with any dry feed, be aware that animals that bolt their feed may be at risk of choke. For these animals, soaking thoroughly to make a mash is recommended.
- Can be used as a partial grass or hay replacer when grazing or forage are scarce.
- For veterans with poor dental condition always feed as a mash.
- Suitable for horses requiring a low sugar, low starch, high fibre diet.
- Also suitable for donkeys, sheep, goats, cattle, guinea pigs, rabbits and alpaca.
- Amounts given are dry weight per day, split between multiple meals.
|Light work||Medium Work||Hard Work|
|Average Horse 500kg||0.5kg||2.5kg||5kg|
|Large Horse 700kg||0.8kg||3.5kg||7kg|